The Irwindale Police Department is now accepting applications for our CCW Program. Click here to start the process.
The Irwindale Police Department is now accepting applications from residents who wish to obtain a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) license. Please note that you must be a resident of Irwindale to apply with us. The CCW License Program allows for qualified individuals to carry an approved concealed firearm on their person for the purposes of self-protection. CCW license applications are processed through a convenient, online process which takes approximately 90-120 days to complete. CCW licenses are valid for two years from the date of issuance.
Requirements for Obtaining a Concealed Carry Weapon License, Restrictions and Revocation can be found in Irwindale Police Department Policy Section 207 – License to Carry a Firearm (pdf)
- Apply online through MyCCW.us
- Complete the California Department of Justice (DOJ) Application
- Initial review of the application by a background investigator
- Interview with a background investigator and a review of required documents
- Criminal history check through LiveScan fingerprinting
- Thorough background check
- Psychological Review (at the discretion of the Irwindale Police Department)
- Completion of an approved CCW Firearm Safety Course and Weapon(s) Qualification
- Final interview with the Chief of the Irwindale Police Department and issuance of CCW license
CCW permits will not be issued for employment purposes.