Land Uses

General Land Use Information

  • Commercial uses are prohibited in residential zones.
  • Outside yard uses in the commercial and manufacturing zones must be enclosed with a minimum six-foot high decorative masonry wall.
  • All off-street parking areas, including driveways, aisles, and access, shall be paved with asphalt pavement or equivalent materials.
  • A Conditional Use Permit (CUP) is required for all restaurants, entertainment businesses, service stations, and for all outdoor storage of contractor supplies in all commercial zones.
  • A CUP is also required for all uses which involve the use, sale, or storage of any materials classified as toxic or hazardous by either the federal or state government as a substantial part of the total use.

For planning and zoning questions, please call 626-430-2208.