Obtaining A Business License
The City of Irwindale welcomes you to its business community. To find out if your address is within the city limits or which city/county will issue your license, visit the online Assessor Portal.
- Apply for a new business license
- Renew an existing business license
- Update Account Information (Reinstate License)
- Pay a balance due
- Close a business online
- Business Search
If you need assistance with your account number and PIN, please contact us at 626-430-2252.
Online Transaction Security
Visa and MasterCard are accepted methods of payments. Your online payment is completely safe and secure. Your transactions are processed securely using through Authorize.net, an internet payment security system. Payments will be made directly through the Authorize.net secure website, which uses a secure connection and meets all Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards.
All persons conducting any business, profession, trade, or occupation of any kind within the City of Irwindale requires a city Business License. Section 5.04.020 of IMC states:
No person shall commence or carry on any business, profession or trade or occupation of any kind, nature, or calling within the city, whether or not said person has a fixed place of business within the city or elsewhere, and where the business, profession and trade and/or occupation is not otherwise exempt from the provisions of license requirements hereunder by federal or state law.
All Business License Certificates must be displayed prominently on the premises in public view.
NOTE: The City has established various zoning regulations, which control the location and operation of all commercial activity. You should check with the Planning Division in the Community and Development Department before purchasing property or signing lease agreements.
Forms & Applications
- Business License Applicaton(PDF)
- Business License Information 21-22 (PDF)
- Business License Gross Receipts Schedule 21-22 (PDF)
- Business License Fees 21-22 (PDF)
- Outside Contractor/Subcontractor Application (PDF)
- Business License Information 22-23 (PDF)
- Business License Gross Receipts Schedule 22-23 (PDF)
- Business License Fee Schedule FY 21-22 (PDF)